Yesterday I got the chance to go into town to do some much beloved window shopping. I don't necessarily buy things that I "want" rather that I need, but today yesterday wanted to treat myself to a few little things I have been wanting to get. As few of these things were an acrylic paint set, and maybe a few nick nacks if there was any in the charity shops, which i think are great for jazzing up your altar space. My altar is quite a small one at the moment , but I'm hoping to get a bigger space once the house has been redecorated.
 |
| Green Ivy cup/vase |
So I went to my local British Heart Foundation (BHF) charity shop and found loads of Pagan statues such as a beautiful gold and blue statue of Isis and a few dragon statues but unfortunately they were quite pricey given teh facthey were in a charity shop. I also came across a lovely little black and gold vase, which had depictions of dionysus on it and another another vase/ handless cup which had a lovely ivy design around it. So I thought "Dionysus I think you are telling me sumit here", so I took it as a sign to "live a little and spend a bit of money for yourself" and went for it , so i bought them and i have to say i'm pleased I got them. Its not easy to find statuary in charity shops as they mostly sell things like crockery and books and clothing etc, but I was happy with my small purchases.So I will be using the Dionysus ivy cup for his for festivals and his month as a a libations cup. As for the black and gold vase?... well not quite sure what to do with that yet.
 |
| black and gold small vase with depictions of Dionysus |
It wasn't till after that I discovered a greek bust of a young bearded man in another Charity shop (Ardgowan Hospice) , that I kinda felt a bit disappointed for not getting him first! There was greek inscription on the bottom of the bust , probably his name, but as i do not know greek and it really annoyed me, I do not think it was Socrates or Homer as they are quite old and bald, where this man look fairly young So I came home and looked at pictures of famous greek philosophers and I think i may have stumbles on a young Sophocles! . Oh well maybe next time if i come across something like that I'll pick it up straight away.
I am hoping to do some new paintings with my acrylic paints , mostly will be to do with teh Gods or at least Greek related and even some Egyptian paintians too. So stay tuned for more artistic skills and creativity form me next time when I'm "oot and aboot" (scottish slang for out and about")
May the Gods bless you all
Comments
Post a Comment