The Cleansing Ritual of Aphrodite

As I have another post of this gorgeous "Venus De Milo" Statue that I had to do a separate post on how I went about "cleansisng the statue and the small Ritual I had done for her . So I hope you like it.

I was absolutely over the moon when I laid eyes on the "Venus de Milo" aka Goddess Aphrodite statue, in fact it was like "love at first sight" and I was absolutely in love with her. As soon as I took her home, at first I didn't know quite what to do with her as to whether to cleanse her or just dedicate the satatue to the Goddess as is, but then thought , "No I have to do something coz I have no idea if she had any previous owners and what sort of energy they possed" So I asked around a few of my hellenic friends and they told me that I would have to do a small ritual to cleanse and purify her so I did.

So I decided to cleanse her first with water and light some rose insence (no ..I didn't stick her under the water tap), what I then did was to get a face flannel and preceeded to "wash" her whilst burning rose insence and reciting the following:

"Hail to you Aphrodite, Lady of Love beauty and Sex, I praise and honour you this day for being in my life and so to honour you and to show you how much you mean to me I ask your permission to wash you (clean all dirt from statue in a careing and loving manner) . May this water cleanse and refresh you of all negative energies and spirits. May this sweet smelling insence also serve as an offering to you as I cleanse you, praise you and honour you on this day." 

I then dried her carefully and carefully took her to the prepared altar that I had set for her, with candles and the rose insence. I then proceeded to sit in front of the altar and just admire her for a few minutes and then said the following praises and prayer:

"Oh beautiful and noble Aphrodite,I  praise and honour you this day for you are the Godess of Love, Beauty and Sex. I feel so honoured and blessed to have your presence grace my house this day. You have finally graced my home and answered my prayers. Your presence has given me much joy and love within my life, for without you Ii would not have found my true soulmate and life partner. So it is to you that I give thanks for having blessed me in so many ways, not only with the love from my lover, but also from family and dearest friends whom i hold dear and who care for me as well. On this day i pledge myself you by worshipping and honouring you on this day and for ever more in my life. I ask that you please accept these offerings of  Rose insence to fill you house with sweetness,chocolate and water. 
Hail to you Great Aphrodite"


Temporary Altar to Aphrodite


Hail Aphrodite the Great Godess of Love Beauty and Sex

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Pagan Bookshelf

Updates and other Life stuff

Prayer to Lady Artemis