Thought I would post a real quick post on what my altars looked way back when I started my Pagan path back in 2007/08 and the Present 2013 when my pagan practiced changed from Ecclectic Wicca and then changed drastically to a Hellenic Polytheist.
As you see below these are my Ecclectic Wiccan Altars.. Chaotic as hell right? I think it shows I was totally all over the damn place lol
 |
| Yule altar |
 |
| Beltaine Altar |
And my Hellenic Altars 2011-13..hmm still a bit "cluttered" but more focused on one God or Goddess for each month of the year.
 |
| Month of Zeus Altar |
 |
| Month of Artemis |
I also have a Facebook Group which is dedicated to the Gods of Olympus and Hellenic Altars if you would like to join and need some inspiration on how to set up an Altar to a particular Greek God or Goddess then follow the link below:
Hail the Olympians
Wow, what a difference! I love the troll in the Yule photo. =) And the mini columns in the Zeus photo. Are those handmade?
ReplyDeleteI don't see the early ones as chaotic, though. I still an order and pattern to what you chose to use. Cluttered, maybe, but beautiful, as are the more recent ones.
I still *see, rather. Omitted a word. Oops!
DeleteHiya Cara , yes they are hand made out of a Aluminium foil cardboard core and corrugated cardboard for teh tops and bottoms and painted in white! I'm hoping to make more and maybe gift a few to my friends who are hellnist too :) glad you like my previous altars . i liked them too but that was way back when i first started becoming a Pagan and I had wiccan influences there.
ReplyDelete